Today I am sharing my recipe for this delicious thing I decided to call cake. This cake is one of my favourite things to bake when someone comes over and I have nothing to offer or just make it for myself when I want something sweet but don’t have a lot of time.
The best thing about it is the fact that it takes you 5 minutes to make the mixture and that it is on the “heathier” side. Pastries with tons of butter and white flour can be really delicious, but we all know they don’t do any good to your health. That’s why baking something as delicious but less “greasy” is something I like to do.
If you know me at all I am not a huge baker, if so, I like to bake something fast and uncomplicated. I just have no patience for it haha, that’s why I love this recipe so much.
I actually did not take this recipe anywhere, I just made it up myself once. I am sure many similar recipes exist, but this one came from me. One time I really wanted to bake something, had few ingredients at home and was up for some experimenting. Thta’s how this “Spelt cake with oats and forest berries” was made.
Now to the actual recipe.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 cups of spelt flour
- 1 baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of grinded walnuts
- 3 cups of almond milk
- a pint of salt
- some raw brown sugar (you can also add honey instead)
- 2 tbs of cinnamon
- half of lemon
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen forrest berries
1. In a bowl whisk together flour, oats, walnuts.
2. Add balking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon and egg.
3. Pour the almond milk and mix everything together.
4. Use the scraper and add some lemon zest. I also squeezed a few drops of lemon juice, it gives a bit of freshness to the cake.
5. The consistency of the mixture should be liquid enough to pour it on the baking tray, but not too liquid. A bit more dense than the pancake dough, I would say.
6. Add berries and mix them with the dough.
6. Now all you have to do is to put it in the oven and bake it on 180-200°C for one hour.
Was I right? It really does take 5 minutes to make it and it’s the most uncomplicated recipe ever, so even if you have never baked anything before, you can easily make this.
I hope you liked this recipe and stay tuned for more. I might experiment a bit more and share something new soon. Until then, stay safe, healthy and try out this recipe.