I am sure each and every one of you have already tried some kind of chia pudding. I have to admit I wasn’t a big fan of it until recently, when I finally perfected the recipe and ingredients. So I thought I would share this recipe with you.
The best thing besides eating this delicious pudding is the fact that preparation will take you less than 5 minutes.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (soy, almond, cocoa)
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- goji berries
1) Pour milk in a jar, add chia seeds, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Stir well.
2) Cover the glass and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to let it gel.
3) Put some goji berries on top for some extra flavour. You can also add some extra cinnamon, if you like it that way. There is no right way, you can experiment with different spices and figure out what works best for you.
It tastes best within two days after it is made. The ideal time to eat is the day after making it for best flavor. I prefer to make it in the evening and have it ready for the next morning.
CHIA SEEDS BENEFITS
- Chia seeds are rich in omega-3, which works to protect the heart by lowering blood pressure, bad cholesterol and very importantly – inflammation! As you may know inflammation is a start to many diseases, so it is very important to lower the inflammatory mediators.
- Chia is very high in fiber. Fiber is good for your digestion and also helps your body with balancing insulin levels.
- It contains high amounts of minerals, such as potassium, calcium and magnesium. These minerals are essential for many biochemical processes, so your body functions are optimal.
- Chia seeds are one of the top plant-based sources of protein, which is always a plus. Especially if you are plant-based eater, adding chia seeds to your diet will help you with adequate daily protein intake.