Recently I’ve been obsessing over this veggie bowl and I just can’t get enough of it, so I thought I would share my recipe with you.
Why should you try it? Because it’s ridiculously easy to make, it’s healthy, tastes really good and the best part – it takes only 10 minutes to prepare! Don’t believe me? Try it and you will be surprised haha.
There is no special recipe since this bowl came out as a result of my impromptu moments in kitchen. When I am hungry and have some healthy delicious stuff in the fridge – well, sometimes I improvise and some interesting stuff comes out.
Okay, so let’s get into the actual preparation, before I become too hungry!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- some veggies (the ones you have at the moment) – peppers, green squash, tomatoes etc.
- 1/2 cup canned chickpea
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- some lettuce ( sometimes I use lambs lettuce instead)
- some spices you like to add to vegetables (garlic, chilli, black pepper, mediterranean spices etc.)
- lemon juice
- olive oil
1. First off wash and chop the veggies. Heat the oil and some garlic in wok or large deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add chopped vegetables and stir fry 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add spices of your choice (I used come chilly, mediterranean spices and black pepper).
2. Wash lettuce and put it in a bowl, than add the vegetables. Add some corn and chickpea.
3. At the end cut the avocado and add it on the top of veggies. Sprinkle everything with some lemon juice, come olive oil, add a pint of salt and some more garlic and chilly. Usually I sprinkle some sesame seeds on top, but I was out of them at the moment. And voilà, there you have it – the delicious healthy lunch!
And well, since I am nutritionist to be I should include some fact about this lunch right?
Well since there’s mostly veggies, you will get enough fibre. Plus veggies are rich in vitamins and minerals. Furthermore avocado will give you just the right amount of essential fatty acids (rich in Omega -3 fatty acid which is essential for healthy cardiovascular system, nerve system and brain function) and some fat soluble vitamins as well. Last but not least, chickpea will fill you up and give you the protein you need.
If you try to make this lunch, comment down below how it tasted. Also let me know if you made it somehow differently and the ingredients you added!